Samson Ringo has recently concluded the manufacturing and satisfactory testing to be supplied to China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) through Samson China for a Desuperheaters modification project in the Huizhou Refinery.
Scope of the supplied goods is detailed below:
- 2 off Cage guided Control valves 6” 2500# A217 WC9 body and T420 trim (Steam service)
- 3 off Cage guided Control valves 3” 2500# A217 WC9 body and T420 trim (Steam service)
- 3 off Cage guided Control valves 6” 1500# A217 WC9 body and T420 trim (Stema service)
Valves were fitted with type 3271 actuators and Samson instrumentation.
Most challenging process conditions were for the 6” 2500# valves so the Samson Ringo valve solution includes:
- Special bonnet for high temperature (Design temperature: 540ºC)
- Pilot trim for balance main plug to reduce the thrust and, therefore have a smooth operation and a cost effective actuator. This trim was used also to achieve the requirement of leakage class V.
- Multi stage cage with expansion chamber to avoid the choked flow
- Multi drilled diffuser plates at outlet to assure velocities below 0.3 Mach and low level of noise